Damages, Defects, and Claims
In the event of damaged product, please contact your account representative to process your claim. Below are a few details on how to handle the claim appropriately.
- At the time of delivery, all boxes should be inspected for suspected damage. If a box shows any damage, the box should be opened for further inspection before the trucker leaves the premises. Damages to any items or boxes delivered MUST be noted on the delivery receipt or bill of lading when you sign to accept the order. Failure to do so often results in refusal of a claim.
- If a severe damage to the product is visible upon delivery, please reject the item from the carrier. This will expedite the claim process.
- When concealed damage occurs, Shippers normally pay about 10% of the products’ value & must be filed with pictures to the carrier within 3 business days of delivery.
- Photos of the damaged pallet, damaged box(es), and damaged product should be taken to carefully document the claim. The more information provided, the more likely your claim will be accepted.
- Please retain all packaging materials of damaged items for a minimum of 45 days; this is required, should the carrier elect to inspect the merchandise.
See p. 3 of the 2017 Pricelist for the details of Fermob’s Warranty. If the product you receive appears to have a manufacturer’s defect, please provide the following information to begin the Warranty Claim Process:
- Item number of defective product.
- Invoice number of defective product.
- Multiple photos of the defective product from different angles.
If Fermob agrees to process your claim, your refund or replacement will be processed by Fermob USA. Your preference of refund or replacement will be taken into consideration, but is not guaranteed.